This event is not run by an association in the Tech Alliance, but may be of interest to some members.
The Primary Industries New Zealand Summit is now less than a month away.
Featuring a wealth of inspiring speakers and industry leaders, the Summit tackles the big issues the whole of the primary sector is grappling with, as it strives to transition to the future. Particularly workforce issues, freshwater and of course, climate change.
With the Climate Change Commission’s final report just released, we are fortunate to be featuring a presentation from Professor Nicola Shadbolt, Commissioner, Climate Change Commission & Chair, Plant and Food Research & Professor of Farm & AgriBusiness Management at Massey University. Whether you agree with the Commission’s recommendations or not, the Summit provides a fantastic opportunity to come together with others from across the sector to develop a workable roadmap to growing a sustainable, productive future for the industry.
PANEL Workforce capacity and capability in the primary sector
- Nigel Philpott, Chief Executive, Primary ITO
- Dr Michelle Glogau, Chief Executive, Primary Industry Capability Alliance
- Cheyne Gillooly, Director Investment, Skills & Performance, Ministry of Primary Industries
- Dr Armin Werner, Group Manager-Precision Agriculture, Lincoln Agritech
- Alan Pollard, Chief Executive, New Zealand Apples & Pears
PANEL Working together to improve the quality of NZ’s Freshwater
- Nadeine Dommisse, Deputy Secretary Environment Sustainable Land Use Delivery, Ministry for the Environment
- Tim Davie, Director Science, Environment Canterbury
- David Burger, Strategy and Investment Leader Responsible Dairy, Dairy NZ
Whether you’re a producer, supplier, scientist, industry representative or policy maker researcher, you need to be there.