E Tipu: The Boma Agri Summit is Aotearoa’s biggest food and fibre sector summit.
As a national event with global reach, E Tipu connects Aotearoa’s food and fibre sector with the world — bringing together remarkable speakers and changemakers to share mind-blowing insights, ignite vital conversations and help shape the future of Aotearoa’s primary industries.
Set for 21-22 June in Ōtautahi Christchurch, E Tipu 2022 features two days of talks from global and local world leaders in food and fibre, plus interactive workshops, expert panels and special Q&As, innovative exhibits, valuable cross-sector networking, and more. The summit is a truly hybrid event — offering an in-person conference in Christchurch and a rich virtual experience for attendees globally through our full-service event platform.
Designed for people from across the food and fibre sector, E Tipu tackles major questions around how we can be more innovative, collaborative, sustainable and profitable — now and into the future.
E Tipu is focused on tangible outcomes. It’s not a talk-fest — it’s about connecting, arming and inspiring changemakers from across sectors for what comes next so they can take specific, positive action the very next day.
E Tipu celebrates diversity to accelerate change. We are an inclusive and accessible summit — offering scholarships and youth rates, and partnering with a broad range of organisations. In collaboration with Ngāi Tūāhuriri, we are committed to bringing all summit aspects to life biculturally — ensuring the indigenous people and culture of Aotearoa are present, loud and proud.
Who should attend E Tipu 2022?
- Current and future farmers, producers and iwi Those on the front line of New Zealand’s agriculture sector — the movers, the shakers, the doers, the deliverers. People who have a vested interest in ensuring Aotearoa emerges as a global leader in food and fibre production while also protecting the land sustaining us, now and into the future.
- Suppliers, distributors and funders Those connected closely with New Zealand’s food and fibre sector who are responsible for making, moving, and financing Aotearoa’s primary products — from start to finish — for distribution to the wider world.
- Researchers, developers and educators Those people who are learning how to take Aotearoa’s food and fibre into the future in a sustainable way, through scientific research and design of new models.
- Policy makers and sector supporters Those working closely with the farmers, producers, suppliers and distributors across the sector, and anyone with an interest in the ongoing success of the primary industries, which affect all of New Zealand.
- Changemakers and trailblazers E Tipu is about connecting, arming and inspiring changemakers from across the sector for what comes next — so they can take specific, positive action the very next day. E Tipu celebrates diversity to accelerate change as an inclusive and accessible summit.
Arama Kukutai – CEO – Plenty
Hannah Tucker – Director – Balance Point Advisory
Rod Oram – Business Journalist – Edmund Hillary Fellow
Janette Barnard – Associate Director – Merk Animal Health Ventures
Lucas Smith – Founder – WoolAid Ltd
Dr. Caroline Sanunders – Professor and Director – AERU Lincoln University
Rob Campbell – Chair – Interim Health NZ
Charlie Trumm – Student – Cashmere High School
Sarah Nolet – CEO – Co-Founder -Agthetic
Suzanne Rowe – AgResearch
Yasir Khokhar – CEO – Connecterra
Michael Utkin – FieldBee
Clare Bradley – Director – AgriSea
Louise Hennessy – Scientist – AgResearch
- $100 off In Person tickets
- $20 off Virtual tickets
Boma New Zealand is committed to delivering COVID-safe events. We have a comprehensive COVID-safe plan for E Tipu 2022, ensuring you can book with certainty and attend with confidence.
In line with the New Zealand Government’s COVID-19 Protection Framework, we’ll be scanning My Vaccine Passes for all attendees on arrival to the summit.