South Africa offers considerable market opportunities for New Zealand companies
- Its tech sector is valued at US$6 billion
- The city of Cape Town is a global hub for tech, with a strong culture of innovation, attractive talent pool and government incentives. It is deemed to be a gateway into Africa more broadly
- Cape Town has been ranked first in Africa by the Financial Times for economic potential, start-up status and business friendliness. It has 450 tech firms
- Pre-COVID-19 progress in tech innovation continues to offer opportunities. Most funding is focused on e-commerce, fintech and clean energy, but healthtech and edtech are emerging sectors with potential for NZ business, as is aviation.
The objective of this event is to provide New Zealand tech companies with high quality, sector-specific business information on the South African tech sector to accelerate their journey to market. The webinar will achieve this by providing a greater understanding of the market’s potential, opportunities and pathways to entry to increase businesses’ chances of success.
It will help new and existing New Zealand businesses to address their pain points, mitigate risk in decision-making, shorten the path to breaking even and increase their profitability.
Key discussion topics:
- Tech opportunities in South Africa
- Regulatory overview and setting up in the country
- Market trends, opportunities, perspectives, entry strategy considerations and actionable insights
- NZ business success stories