This one day series of five major presentations will take place in the Bledisloe Building at Mystery Creek during National Fieldays.
The programme includes:
- A preview of the New Zealand agritech story. This is a major project that Agritech New Zealand has been developing with New Zealand Trade & Enterprise over the past 6 months
- A preview of the establishment of a New Zealand agritech venture fund. For New Zealand’s early stage agritech sector looking to scale, this has often been cited as the missing link. You won’t want to miss this session!
- The formal New Zealand launch of Farm2050’s Nutrient Initiative. This 3-year initiative is designed to identify nutrient-related technologies that will not only increase plant yield, but also mitigate against negative environmental impact such as run-off. A critically important opportunity for New Zealand to lead the world in sustainable farming
- The 2019 NZ Aerospace Challenge is also addressing one of the biggest issues facing the agricultural sector – sustainability. 20 companies are developing a product or service that detects, monitors or measures water or soil pollution using the very latest satellite and unmanned aircraft (UA) technology. Learn how NZ is leading the world in this space.
- The Government has launched an ‘all of government’ agritech taskforce. At this session, the taskforce lead will focus on the initiatives under discussion and how they are being designed to support and scale New Zealand’s agritech sector.
Five ground-breaking sessions designed to truly unleash the potential of New Zealand’s agritech sector.
The Hon Damian O’Connor, Minister of Agriculture and Minister for Biosecurity, Food Safety, and Rural Communities, will be addressing the conference. The Minister heads up a panel of leading international and domestic experts as we reveal an exciting roadmap for New Zealand’s agritech sector.
Agritech New Zealand, in association with National Fieldays, and with the generous sponsorship of the Ministry of Primary Industries, are proud to present Agritech Unleashed.
Thursday 13 June
Tickets are available by invitation only
The first release of tickets are being made available to Agritech New Zealand members, National Fieldays guests, together with Callaghan Innovation and New Zealand Trade & Enterprise agritech customers.
Details of a further release of tickets on Monday 3 June.
Schedule and Speakers
9.00am–9.05am: Introduction by MC, Bonita Nuttall
9.05am–9.50am: Preview of the New Zealand Agritech Story
Keynote: Peter Wren-Hilton, Executive Director of Agritech New Zealand
Linda Bulk; Co-founder, Aeronavics
Damien Fleetwood; CEO, Biotelliga
10.15am–11.00am: Preview of a New Zealand Agritech Venture Fund
Introduction: The Hon Damien O’Connor: Minister of Agriculture and Minister for Biosecurity, Food Safety, and Rural Communities
Keynote: Arama Kukutai, Co-founder & Managing Director of Finistere Ventures
Han Chen; CEO, Zeakal
Warren Bebb; CEO, Biolumic
Richard O’Gorman; Director, Rabobank Food & Agriculture Innovation Fund
11.30am–12.15pm: The formal New Zealand launch of Farm2050’s Nutrient Initiative
Keynote: Sara Ahmed-Holman, Innovation Endeavor & Farm2050
Alexey Rostapshov; Head of Digital Innovation, John Deere
Michael Levin; Founder & Managing Director, Germin8
Rob Ford; GM Innovation, Environment and Technology – Landcorp
12.30pm–1.20pm: VIP Lunch
1.30pm–2.15pm: How the 2019 NZ Aerospace Challenge is supporting sustainable farming
Co-Keynote: Seyed Miri; Application Development Regional Manager, Airbus
Mike Manning; Head of Innovation & Strategy, Ravensdown
Santosh Seshadri; Spatial Innovator, Orbica Geo
Dr Duncan Steel, Chief Systems Architect, Xerra
Mike Manning, Head of Innovation & Strategy, Ravensdown
Seyed Miri; Application Development Regional Manager, Airbus
2.45pm–3.30pm: What is the new ‘All-of-Government’ agritech taskforce doing to support the agritech sector?
Keynote & Session Lead: David Downs, All of Government Agritech Taskforce Lead
3.30pm: Event Closes