This event is not run by an association in the Tech Alliance, but may be of interest to some members.
As the trade-link between two countries of impressive farming heritage, the German-New Zealand Chamber of Commerce is thrilled to be helping push forward the new frontier of AgriTech. By bringing together skills and technologies from both countries we can feed innovation and the adoption of new processes.
In this Techweek special, we have invited five companies in the AgriTech space to share the latest in technological innovation with you. If you are interested in the fast-moving AgriTech landscape and the growing potential for German-New Zealand collaboration in R&D, technology adoption, and exports — this event is for you!
AgriTech in New Zealand and Germany is moving from strength to strength, with government and industry keen to invest in a flourishing sector and support a greener economy. Here in New Zealand, the government signaled their commitment with a hefty 11.4 billion earmarked for direct investment towards implementing the ‘Agritech Industry Transformation Plan’. This is no gamble: improved uptake of Agritech in New Zealand is expected to bring up to $9.6b in increased farm output alone. In Germany, a buzzing Agritech startup scene runs alongside their well-established agricultural equipment industry, the largest in the world. About $96 million Euros of venture capital flowed into these startups in 2019 (GTAI). But it is not just the government and industry investment that will feed innovation — but collaboration, trade, and knowledge-sharing too.
- Heiko Stumpf, GTAI – Director for Germany Trade & Invest
- Chris Staff, Bayer | Crop Science division – Head of Digital Farming, Australia and New Zealand
- Mark Harris, Gallagher Animal Management Systems – Marketing Manager
- Peter Landon-Lane, T&G Global Ltd – Director Innovation & Technical
- Erin Daly, German-New Zealand Chamber of Commerce – Manager of Consulting Services
- Date: Thursday 27 May
- Time: 4:00pm – 5:30pm
- Location: B:Hive, Bayer, Smales Farm, 72 Taharoto Road, Takapuna, Auckland, 0622
- Cost: Free