Mental health and wellbeing in New Zealand Rural Communities
All too often, the New Zealand culture of ‘She’ll be right’ slips into everyday life and becomes an excuse to shrug off bigger issues we face on both personal and professional levels. With growing pressures from adverse weather, biological threats, government regulations, policies and climate change, it’s easy to feel like the ag sector hasn’t seen pressures as great as today. The good news is that the topic on mental health and what we can do to support improved wellbeing is increasingly being talked about in Agriculture and rural communities.
This event following on from World Mental Health Day is another opportunity to do this. We are promoting this event as part of our Innovation Series but also as an opportunity to engage with peers who may have faced similar experiences and hear from experts about how maintaining and improving your wellbeing is key way to managing through ups and downs. We have 3 fantastic keynote speakers who are sharing their knowledge and experiences from farming and wellbeing science and reminding us of the support that is available for those who need it within the farming industry.
We’d love for you to join us.
- Dan Smith, Lincoln University
- Gerard Vaughan, Farmstrong
- Geoff Spark
- 8.45am : Networking
- 9.00am : Welcome & introduction
- 9.10am : Keynote address 1 – Dan Smith, Lincoln University
- 9.40am : Keynote address 2 – Gerard Vaughan, Farmstrong
- 9:50am : Keynote address 3 – Geoff Spark,
- 10.00am : Panel discussion/Interactive Q&A session with audience
- 10.30am : Speaking finishes, networking
- 11.00am : Event finishes