AgriTech New Zealand has been established as a community under NZTech.
Whilst agriculture and the primary sector remain the largest contributors to New Zealand’s economy, the agritech sector has consistently underperformed in terms of its earnings potential, given the scale of the agriculture and primary sector industries. A group of key industry and government stakeholders met regularly through 2017 and 2018 to identify the key challenges that the sector has faced and the potential opportunities to address these.
AgriTech New Zealand is an association of organisations and individuals that have come together to lead a programme of work, taking a key role in growing our country’s capability to maximise the opportunities enabled by agritech and address any challenges.
During our founding period focus areas included:
- Global trends and where New Zealand fits in.
- Roadmap for agritech in New Zealand.
- Relevant opportunities and challenges across the diverse agritech and enabling technology sectors.
- Enabling New Zealand agritech to connect with global capital and support offshore market access.
- Gathering input from AgriTech New Zealand members, government, other groups/communities