AgriTech New Zealand (AgriTechNZ) has grown significantly since our launch in May 2018. As a membership-based organisation, AgriTechNZ is run by an elected Executive Council and there are vacancies for three positions in 2022.
AgriTechNZ connects innovators, investors, regulators, researchers and interested public. AgriTechNZ advances the ecosystem through advocacy, collaboration, innovation, talent and economic growth through international connections and missions.
To continue building on our success, it is critical to have the drive and support of a purposeful Executive Council and we are now seeking nominations. We encourage you to consider who could make an impact as a member of the AgriTechNZ Executive Council ensuring the new Council reflects the diversity of the community we support.
Executive Council Nominations
There is now an opportunity to put yourself forward or nominate someone else for a role on the AgriTechNZ Executive Council.
This year we have vacancies for the following positions:
- Corporate – Major (1 position)
- Corporate – Other (1 position)
- SMEs and Startups (1 position)
The positions are for a 2-year term.
Nominees for the above positions must be:
- Must be from an AgriTechNZ member organisation
- Must be in the AgriTechNZ tier they are being nominated for
- Must be up to date with their AgriTechNZ membership fees
All nominations must be submitted online here by 5pm, Tuesday 31 May, 2022.
AgriTechNZ Executive Council roles and responsibilities include:
- Direct and supervise the business and affairs of AgriTechNZ.
- Attend monthly Executive Council meetings, usually two hours in duration (video conferencing available).
- Represent AgriTechNZ at industry events and as part of delegations.
- Assist with managing and securing members of AgriTechNZ.
- Participate in AgriTechNZ working groups and projects.
- Where agreed by the Executive Council, act as a spokesperson for AgriTechNZ on particular issues relating to working groups or projects.
- Be a vocal advocate of AgriTechNZ.
Voting will take place online in advance of the meeting. The results will be announced at the Annual Meeting. Please see the Charter for an outline of Executive Council Membership and election process. Each organisation has one vote allocated to the primary contact of the member organisation.
Annual Meeting Details
The Annual Meeting is scheduled for 3pm on Tuesday 5 July 2022 and is to be held via video conference. Register for the event here.
Notices and Remits
If you wish to propose any notices or motions to be considered at the Annual Meeting, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Tuesday 14 June, 2022.
- 11 May: Call for nominations for Executive Council representatives issued to members.
- 31 May: Deadline for nominations to be received.
- 7 June: List of nominees to be issued to AgriTechNZ voting members and electronic voting commences.
- 14 July: Any proposed notices, motions or remits to be advised to AgriTechNZ.
- 5 July: Results of online voting announced at Annual Meeting.