The AgriTech New Zealand (AgriTechNZ) annual meeting is coming soon and that means election season is now upon us! We have a lot going on and suggest now is a great time to contribute and influence our shared objectives through strong representation.
AgriTechNZ was established to connect innovators, investors, regulators, researchers and interested public. It promotes opportunities and challenges raised by agritech. AgriTechNZ advances the ecosystem through advocacy, collaboration, innovation, talent and economic growth through international connections and missions.
AgriTechNZ is a member of the New Zealand Tech Alliance, a group of independent technology associations from across New Zealand, working together to ensure a strong voice for technology. To continue building on our success, it is critical to have the drive and support of a purposeful Executive Council and we are now seeking nominations. We encourage you to consider the role or nominate someone who can make an impact as a member of the AgriTechNZ Executive Council ensuring the new Council reflects the diversity of the community we support.
Executive Council Nominations
There is now an opportunity to put yourself forward or nominate someone else for a role on the AgriTechNZ Executive Council. This year we have vacancies for the following positions:
- Corporate – Major (1 position)
- Corporate – Other (1 position)
- SMEs and Startups (1 position)
Nominees for the above positions must be from an AgriTechNZ member organisation and from the same category they wish to represent.
All nominations must be submitted online here by 5pm, Tuesday 8 June, 2021.
AgriTechNZ Executive Council roles and responsibilities include:
- Direct and supervise the business and affairs of AgriTechNZ.
- Attend monthly Executive Council meetings, usually two hours in duration (video conferencing available).
- Represent AgriTechNZ at industry events and as part of delegations.
- Assist with managing and securing members of AgriTechNZ.
- Participate in AgriTechNZ working groups and projects.
- Where agreed by the Executive Council, act as a spokesperson for AgriTechNZ on particular issues relating to working groups or projects.
- Be a vocal advocate of AgriTechNZ.
Voting will take place online in advance of the meeting. The results will be announced at the Annual Meeting. Please see the Charterfor an outline of Executive Council Membership and election process. Each organisation has one vote allocated to the primary contact of the member organisation.
Annual Meeting Details
The Annual Meeting is scheduled for 11am on Thursday 13 July 2021 and is to be held via video conference. Register for the event here.
Notices and Remits
If you wish to propose any notices or motions to be considered at the Annual Meeting, please send them to email@example.com by 5pm, Tuesday 22 June, 2021.
- Now: Call for nominations for Executive Council representatives issued to members.
- 8 June: Deadline for nominations to be received.
- 15 June: List of nominees to be issued to AgriTechNZ voting members and electronic voting commences.
- 22 June: Any proposed notices, motions or remits to be advised to AgriTechNZ.
- 13 July: Results of online voting announced at Annual Meeting.