If you think National Fieldays is big, think again. The Irish National Ploughing Championships attracts over 300,000 visitors. With similar pastoral farming systems to New Zealand, I believe that Ireland offers huge commercial opportunity to kiwi agritech firms. I recognised this when I attended the Agtech Nexus Europe conference in Dublin in December. The same opportunity applies in the UK. Our comparative pastoral farming systems and yet different northern & southern hemispheres, provide a great platform for NZ agritech firms to conduct 12 month R&D and field trials across two growing seasons.
In September, this mission of New Zealand mid to late stage start-ups and mature businesses along with researchers and capability providers, will get a deep insight into both the UK and Ireland’s agri industries, research, innovation systems and channel partners.
This trip will also offer New Zealand companies and agencies a chance to showcase our abilities and technology.
As well as in-market visits and meetings, the mission will attend the 2019 Irish National Ploughing Championships – one of the largest agricultural exhibitions in Europe – and UK Dairy Day, a dedicated annual one-day event for the dairy industry featuring over 300 exhibitors demonstrations and seminars.
Those participating in the mission will benefit from the opportunity to:
- Gain insights into the UK and Ireland’s agri industries, research, innovation systems and channel partners.
- Take part in UK in-market visits to the AgriEPI Centre and CIEL, and Hands Free Hectare, among others.
- Take part in Ireland in-market visits to Origin Green, UCD Lyons Farm, and Teagasc, among others.
- Network with Irish and UK agritech organisations and businesses.
- Attend a pre-mission workshop in Auckland to prepare for the mission.
- Gain specific advice and support on event, accommodation and flight bookings to ensure the mission stays connected, as well as transportation and logistics arrangements over the two weeks.
- Enter the Ploughing International Innovation Awards.
To register for the mission, please complete this form by Friday 19 July.
Callaghan Innovation will co-fund a limited number of companies based on stage, strategy and suitability. Co-funding criteria is available on the registration form.
Confirmation of your place on the mission is subject to Callaghan Innovation approval and availability. The mission will begin the evening of Sunday 8 September in London, UK and conclude on the evening of Friday 20 September in Dublin, Ireland.
For any questions prior to application or to discuss funding opportunities please contact: email@example.com